Monday, June 9, 2008

The Wedding

First of all, let me apologize for not having ANY pictures. I had my camera with me the whole time: rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, stuffing donuts, getting nails done, getting ready, the wedding, the reception, the trashing of the car and I have NO pictures. I didn't take any not one. I didn't really realize this until we were coming home Sunday morning. I was SICK! Owen was afraid I was going to make them go back to my mom's, put on all their garb, and take pictures. I entertained the thought for a fraction of a second and moved on. Oh well,
Like I said, the wedding was beautiful. There was the threat of rain the entire time and as we were about to leave the house, my "optimistic" grandmother called to inform us (Emily answered the phone) that there was a tornado warning in effect for our immediate area. We (Emily and I) decided to keep that information to ourselves for a while. It did start to sprinkle just a little at the beginning and there were enough thunder bursts to make an atheist pray. I think my mom went through the whole ceremony in a meditative state. I'm not sure if she actually saw any of it. In case you didn't know, it was an outdoor wedding. Emily has decided that she would like an INDOOR, air-conditioned, bug-free type environment. I asked for it in writing. I think it was my sister's dream wedding come true. It was a lot of fun. I wish you could have all been there. I wish I could show you the pictures in my mind. Thanks to all of you who have been praying through this whole engagement and for those who prayed that it wouldn't rain. We found out the next day that it was actually raining (quite hard) all around us the entire time. Several people didn't come because they were certain it was going to rain. Yea of little faith - they missed a great time! The couple is on their honeymoon in Bermuda.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Ah, I feel your pain. We have only a few pictures from graduation. And I have a photography major daughter who took NOT A ONE!

Enjoying Life Together said...

Well, if you HAD taken photos, you probably wouldn't have been in them since you would have been taking them. That's how it works around here anyway. :) Now for the rest of your summer... ~Sabrina

Shaw6pak said...

I am glad it all went so well. Your sister is very blessed to have you. I know that you did a lot for this wedding. You helped her have a perfect day. Hmmm, shall I go into that "impact" discussion we had yesterday??? How easily we overlook the things we do. Good job, girl. You tried and you succeeded. ~~~Kristi