Sunday, August 9, 2009

PDA

Tonight, on my 3rd trip to Wal-Mart (so much for having a list), I noticed this family while I was shopping. There was a mom, a dad, a little brother and a teenage girl. I noticed them because the girl was being loud and rude. Well, after about the 3rd pass, I noticed a young man had joined them. Obviously, the young man was the girl's significant other. She squealed when he approached like she had not seen him for at least 2 years. They continue to walk with the parents while holding hands. The girl got much quieter as she was wrapped up in a more private conversation. So, as I am waiting in line (you know, the 30 minutes it takes to check out at Wal-Mart) I see them in the candy aisle. Now there are no parents in sight and they are wrapped around one another in such a manner that it almost makes a person (even a happily married person) blush. I am standing there thinking "please get in line behind me." I had a few things I would have liked to have shared with them, of course they didn't. I am in the line with people's carts filled to the brim. They check out their candy in the self-checkout while continuing to make out. All of a sudden I wanted to go find that mother. I wanted to yell and scream! If they were behaving like that in a public place I can only imagine what goes on behind closed doors. While I was processing all of this, they skipped merrily on their way and out to the parking lot. So, I am making a proclamation: "If I EVER see ANY teenage person I know (boy or girl) engaged in such a Public Display of Affection it will not fare well and there will be a scene caused!" And I am putting it out there in blog-land that if ANYONE were to see a child with the last name NEMITZ engaged in such behavior, you would do exactly the same! (Promptly after calling me, of course)

1 comment:

Beth said...

I laughed out loud at this one... because I have lectured my kids so many times ( so has Mark ) for things we see other kids doing.. "Do you see that? If you EVER act that way / do those things/ talk like that / dress like that etc, you will be dead meat!!!" Or something to that effect. And I will have my eye on all NEMITZ offspring, and you of course have my blessing to smack any of my kids (even the ones taller than you) if you deem it necessary!