Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving

Wow, it is been a while since I have posted. I almost couldn't remember my password. I have had a few posts come to me but I never got them transferred from my mind to the blog. I was lying in bed this morning considering the reasons I haven't "shared" in so long. The truth of the matter is I am not a very good "sharer." I never have been. I have noticed in the past few weeks - the more hectic my schedule become, the more out of control my life gets, the more I retreat. By nature, I am a wall builder. Luckily for me, Ryan has become an expert on noticing my building habits. It is not on purpose or intentional but I begin to hold everyone at arm's length. Everyone - especially the people I care most about. So, this is my apology and my acknowledgement that I am working on it! :) I decided in light of my discovery, I would share some of the things I am thankful for. This list is random and the order does not necessarily reflect the level of thankfulness.
I am thankful for:
* A Savior that can see all the way through me and still loves me enough to save me and have a relationship with me and always forgives me - no matter what.
* A most wonderful, handsome, hardworking husband that loves me and all my faults.
* A lovely, kind, responsible oldest daughter who shows the love of Christ through her thoughts, words, and actions.
* An incredible, handsome, athletic, strong-willed son that has a quick wit and a gentle, loving heart both for Christ and others around him.
* Another wonderful, funny, peculiar, beautiful, sensitive daughter who loves life to the fullest.
* Another quiet, handsome, sweet, gentle son with a heart full of love for those around him.
* I am also most thankful for my extended family. I still have 3 grandmothers and 1 grandfather living and very much a part of our lives. I have a father who lives next door and adores my children as much as they adore him.
* I am thankful for my parents (my mother and step-father), brother, sister, and their families. That we can rely on one another and enjoy one another company.
* I have some of the most awesome friends - ever.
* I am thankful for my house - it is truly a gift and a blessing.
I could go on and on and on. It is not hard to feel a since of awe once you start naming all the things you are thankful for. All of the "thanksgivings" are really blessings bestowed upon us. So, even though sometimes I don't acknowledge those blessings quite as I should - I am forever grateful they are there. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Enjoying Life Together said...

"Thanksgiving" seems to always come at a time when I need to tell folks "thanks". Each year I say I'm going to do a better job of saying "thanks" all year. I guess I do get better at it but I have a long way to go!

I am thankful for you! You have certainly made an impact in my life. So "thank you" for being you!!