Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A New Year

Well, this crazy blog has made my break one of the few resolutions I made this year. I said I wouldn't go longer than a couple of days before posting and here it has been days and days. Sorry. However, I guess if this is the worst thing I do all year, I will be doing okay. Anyway, I am sitting in the parking lot at Owen's gymnastics place on my laptop in the car. If I can park close enough, I don't have to actually go in. Normally, I leave and run errands but his gym has called the dreaded "parent's meeting" to discuss how the meet season is going and the plans for the rest of the year.
January has been very busy so far. Ryan has gone back to tax season, Upward's has begun, meets are in full swing, Alexa's birthday, our anniversary, are just a few things we have been up to. Alexa's birthday was a great success "the best she has had in years" according to her. We let her have 3 other friends over for the night. We had a great time; we went to the movies, made pizza, made bracelets, had cake, opened presents. We gave her a guitar along with guitar lessons. She has had two lessons so far and has loved every minute of it. Her guitar teacher asked who she wanted to play like and of course, she responded "Elvis Presley" she said he sort of looked at her funny so she said "Taylor Swift". She left a little concerned that her guitar teacher may not know who Elvis Presley was. I have assured her that he did - he just wasn't expecting her to say that. In the meantime, she has been working on her lip curl! :)

No comments: