Monday, November 29, 2010

Big Hearts



I am going to take a minute and brag on my children. It constantly amazes me at how great they are. Now, let's face facts, they are sinful children raised by sinful parents, I get that. However, I love that they love to give. Once they invest in a person, they are loyal, they are caring, they are giving, they are prayerful. I have seen it time and time again. Way back before Alexa was born, we had a baby come and stay a long weekend with us. Owen prayed for that baby for years! My sister came to live with us a while, the kids loved having her here - even if it was due to tough circumstances. Henry came to live with us, even though it was very, very hard, my kids love him. I knew this but didn't really realize how much until we got to talk to him. He called on Thanksgiving and each child got to talk to him. All of them were excited and loved catching up with him. I watched my kids take in a boy for the weekend and again, he has been in every prayer we've prayed. Several times one of the kids have said they missed him. One tonight questioned if I thought he would really call us if he needed us. I am amazed at how willing they are to love and to help and to care. Genuinely. I love that they spend as much time looking through and circling items in the World Vision catalog just as much as they do the Target wish book. I love that they would love to each have a child to sponsor. I love that they care for others. I love that they pray for our baby and wish that tomorrow we could go get him/her and bring them here. I was telling all of this to a friend over the weekend and she gave me this crazy look and said "I don't really see why you should be all that suprised. I would be surprised if they acted any differently." Yet, I am still surprised and grateful. I am grateful for their hearts. I am grateful to be their mother. I am grateful for God's provision and protection. It is a character trait that I pray each of them keep as they continue to grow into adulthood and beyond.

No comments: