Monday, December 19, 2011

Looking back...

Yesterday, we had our first family Christmas gathering for the 2011 season. As we were driving home, Ryan and I were talking about something when I realized that we graduated from ASU 17 years ago yesterday. I don't know what made me think of it. It is crazy to realize that 17 years have passed. We were so excited. Ryan had his first "real" job interview the week before. We had gone, looked around the town, found a place to live, etc. We graduated on Sunday and then moved all of our stuff in on Monday. Then, went "home" to celebrated Christmas with our families. Crazy times. When we got back to Hendersonville, Ryan started immediately with tax season hours. Emily and I had to discover the town on our own. That was WAY before google maps and/or GPS, even cell phones really. I would have to call a place and ask for directions. They would say something like "well, go down road such and such and turn where Bobby's tire USED to be" (Umm, if I knew where Bobby's tire USED to be, I probably wouldn't need directions!) It is amazing to look back and see how far we have come as a couple, as parents, as a family. God has blessed us more than we could have ever imagined.


No comments: