Monday, January 2, 2012

50 Random Things

I copied this idea from a friend of mine. It is very hard to come up with 50 random facts! Enjoy, don't judge. :)

1. I was born in Rocky Mount, NC. I weighed 9 lbs 14 oz.
2. I am the first-born child in my family.
3. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior when I was 10. However, I didn't
consistently live like I meant it until I was 22.
3. When I was young, I wanted to be a boy.
4. As a teen, I didn't want to be a wife or a mother.
5. I thought I would eventually join the Peace Corps and adopt lots of kids.
6. Without Christ, I would be a democratic, libral, woman's advocate.
7. My first job was working the drive thru window at Taco Bell, I was 15.
8. I took dance - tap, jazz and ballet - from the time I was four until I was a
junior in college.
9. I don't like being told what to do.
10. I love chocolate.
11. I like to excersice but don't as much as I should.
12. I went to college to be a French major.
13. I met Ryan (my husband) the day after my 18th birthday. His friend was trying to
pick me up - I wasn't interested.
14. I would rather go to the beach than the mountains.
15. I love heights! Owen (my oldest son) and I plan to skydive for his 18th
birthday.
16. I remember where I was when the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded. I was in the
8th grade. We were watching it at school. One of our Science teachers was
selected to be 3rd runner up to go up in space on the Challenger.
17. When Ryan called to ask me out for the first time, I didn't know who he was.
(He had a nickname but he identified himself with his real name.)
18. I hate horror movies and green peas.
19. Fall is my favorite season.
20. Ryan proposed in the mall parking lot after he bought my ring - he couldn't wait
any longer!
21. Snickers is my favorite candy bar.
22. I detest coffee - even the smell.
23. I played soccer in high school.
24. Emily (my oldest daughter) was 15 months old when I graduated college.
25. I was named after both my grandmothers.
26. I am my father's only child.
27. I got married in my mother's wedding gown.
28. I drink one can of Dr. Pepper everyday. It's my vice.
29. I am over the top afraid of dentists. Crazy, I know.
30. As a teacher, I was crazy opposed to homeschooling!
31. I tried out for cheerleading (and made the team) in the 6th grade. However,
before school started, we moved to a different district. I never tried out
again.
32. When I was little, I wanted to be a marine biologist.
33. My favorite color is orange.
34. When I was young, I spent a lot of time with my grandparents. I love them dearly.
35. I love to learn but didn't like school.
36. I was on the Dean's List every semester in college after finally declaring a
major. I was on academic probation every semester before.
37. I love to file and organize things.
38. I like to move the furniture around in my house.
39. I have aunts, uncles and cousins very close to my age. They were great
playmates when I was young.
40. I turned down an invitation to interview for a teaching scholarship because I
was pretty sure I didn't want to become a teacher.
41. My first full-time paid job was teaching Kindergarten. The school was in my
backyard; I could walk to work.
42. Clutter gets on my nerves.
43. My husband is my best friend.
44. I like to do crafty projects but I am often frustrated/discouraged with how
they turn out.
45. My degree is in elementary education with a minor in psychology and dance.
46. I designed and live in my dream house.
47. I love my kids and being their mom is one of my greatest accomplishments.
48. There is no where in the world I would not like to go for a visit.
49. The thought of hungry orphans all over the world keeps me up at night.
50. Thankfully, my life turned out nothing like I expected. I am so thankful that
God gives us what we need, not always what we want. I am extremely blessed.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Love your list. ;-)

Gail said...

Unique and interesting. # 51-- I always send the sweetest Christmas cards.