Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily - Part 2

This is Emily on the day of her second birthday. She was so impressed, she dressed herself. Aren't you impressed by her fashion sense!? I love the mismatched Barney socks and of course, the one glass in the sunglasses. She was about to go lay down for a nap.
We had recently gone to the circus. This is a picture of Ryan getting ready to wake Emily up so we could give her her birthday present early because we were going to a friend's house for dinner. Poor Emily, she was such a sweet guinea pig. She just rolled over and laughed when she saw him and said "you funny daddy" and rolled back over until he whispered "there are presents" you didn't have to tell her twice.

This kitchen center is what we got her for her 2nd birthday. We were SO excited. This is the first thing we had bought (for Emily or otherwise) that was over $100. The funny thing about looking back at this picture is that I (actually Ryan at my request) just put this kitchen center up in the attic because Alexa and Ian were tired of playing with it. We still have all the parts. I guess that was a good $100 investment.

This is her talking on the phone. One of the kids in her daycare had a birthday the day after and we were going to their house to have a birthday celebration for the girls. It was a Lion King theme; that is why she has on her Lion King suit.


This is a picture of her 2nd birthday party. It was just family. My mom made her the carousel cake.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Emily. She loved Snow White. Ryan was out of town taking the CPA exam. I was terrified to stay in our house alone, especially during Halloween. I don't know why Halloween made a difference, but it did. Anyway, my dad took pity on us, took vacation time and came and stayed with us until Ryan got back. Dad and I took Emily to the Fall festival at our church. It's a good thing the wicked stepmother didn't ask the mirror who the fairest in the land was this night. :)

This is Emily's Christmas dress when she was two. I should have actually switched these two pictures because she is older in this picture than the one below. Alexa wore this dress for Christmas up until 2 years ago. My mom made it.

This is Emily's two year old picture. I must have had a thing for hats. She used to carry this little dog around. It is actually one of the first presents Ryan gave me when we were dating. I did not intend for the dog to be in the picture. However, when we got to the place to have her picture made, she freaked out when they changed the background behind her. So, we compromised and let her take her picture with the dog. After that experience, we always left the room when they were changing the backdrop or we picked one and stuck with it.

No comments: