Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring is in the Air, UGH!!

Okay, it's true, I really do not like spring. I do like the pretty flowers and the warm rays of sunshine that is neither too hot nor too cold. However, that's where my love of spring stops. I do not like the green stuff all over everything (and everyone after a trip to the park). I do not like the smell of the flowers that sends me into a constant "let's see how many times mom can sneeze" contest. But, worst of all, I do not like the way my kids clothes are everywhere! Their drawers are busting with clothes, not because they have so many but because there are so many changes in temperature. We have long pants, long shirts, shorts, capris and dresses/skirts for the girls, jackets, sweaters, sweatshirts for the layers needed in spring. So, in order to clear out the drawers we must do the laborious task of deciding what fits (or not). Then, we have to go into the attic, get out the change of season buckets (I know all of you have those!) and do the same thing. After washing the minimal amount (another of my anal tendencies to wash it all before it goes in the bucket and a few months later wash it all again when it comes out of the bucket) that makes the cut, I have to shop! Now way back when, Emily and I loved to shop, even window shop. Now, I cannot even remember who needed what when I go out to shop. For the longest time Alexa was desperate for clothes, so I would just pick some up when I would find things on sale. Now she defiantly looks like the favorite child. Once upon a time, I kept a notecard full of the items of clothing and size each child needed with me all the time so that when I did find something on sale, I could purchase it guilt free. Notice I said once upon a time. It was a great idea while it lasted and while I could pick out their clothes for them without prior approval. Oh well, those buckets aren't coming down and emptying/refilling themselves magically..... Did I mention I really don't like spring!?

1 comment:

Beth said...

I can relate! It is more the allergies than anything else that puts spring down on the low rung of the seasons. I do love to LOOK at the pretty trees and flowers, but my sinuses and eyes are NOT happy.
<><