Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Catch up

Well, we survived tax season. It is always amazing to me how God has perfect timing. Last Tuesday, (April 15) we had gone out to dinner to celebrate tax season being over Ryan got a call that his mom had fallen at work and had broken her wrist. He dropped us off at home and went down to go with her to the hospital. He ended up spending the night with her and came home that morning because we were leaving for the Great Wolf Lodge. We usually go away for a few days after tax season. Anyway, in the usual chaotic Nemitz fashion, we left three hours later than we had planned. We had a zillion stops along the way; pay bills, drop stuff off, fit Ryan for his tux, etc, etc. We finally arrived at the Lodge at 6:00pm (our goal was 1:00). Luckily, we still had time to swim and hang around before it was too late. We stayed around the Lodge on Thursday. (I will post pictures later - I made sure I was strategically behind the camera in all the bathing suit pictures!) On Friday, we got up and the kids went around playing the game in the Lodge a little more while Ryan loaded the car and I finished getting ready. Actually, I was trying to put in my new contacts. Since I had so much help "packing" I had more that I had forgotten than I had actually brought. Ryan had to make many trips to Wal-Mart to buy all the things I had forgotten. So, I was trying to put my contacts in without the mirror (I had left at home) and I lost one! We looked everywhere. It was 11:00, check-out time. Emily was panicking that we had not checked out yet, we were scouring the place looking for it. We never found it and in all the commotion of leaving without my contact, we forgot Ryan's pillow there. We got in the car, went to the local outlet mall for a few hours, then went to a Youth function to help chaperone. Only we could be so chaotic! It was all fun (except for the being late, forgetting stuff at home, losing stuff, etc.). This weekend is proving itself to be just as much fun. The boys are going to the beach for my future brother-in-law's bachelor party. Meanwhile, we (the girls and I) are going to be hosting Amanda's bachelorette party here. We are having an 80's themed sleep-over. It will be a blast once it gets here and all the preparations are made. Hopefully, I won't forget anything. Yeah, right....

1 comment:

Enjoying Life Together said...

This post just made my day seem "normal". Thanks! :) Oh yes, you are now officially linked to our blog...not that it will bring you more traffic but at least you're linked. Have a great weekend! ~Sabrina