Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily - Part 13 & 14

This is Emily's 13th birthday. Next to her fourth, this was my favorite. We decided to have an Emmy/Oscar party. Once again, I was ahead of my time. There was NOTHING with any hint of this theme. You can find it everywhere now! Anyway, we decided the girls would make a movie or talent of their choice. One of my biggest regrets in life is that the first 6 minutes of this priceless video got recorded over. We have never reused a video tape again. After the talent/movie show, we got dressed for the award ceremony. We had gone to the Goodwill and purchased several party dresses and some of the girls brought dresses from their closets. They "shopped" and picked out a dress. My mom and sister-in-law came to do hair and make-up, my dad did nails. (For those of you that do not know - my dad is/was a nail technician.) Then we rolled out the red carpet and Ryan "announced" each girl as they came down the stairs. Unfortunately, I don't think we took a group shot of all the girls when they were dressed up. We took an individual picture as they came down the stairs. After the awards (everyone shared their favorite memory with Emily) we had the party and danced the night away. At the end of the video, everyone wished Emily a Happy Birthday. It was great.
This is Emily's 14th Birthday. We decided to have a mystery party. I decided against purchasing pre-who-dun-it type scenario cards. By mid-night the evening before the party, I was wishing that I had. We had asked the girls to come dressed as a profession. It was not quite like I wanted it to be; but, I tried. The girls were great sports and I think they had a great time anyway!

No comments: