Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Moving On

Well, I always knew I was a topical kind of person: when my topic ran out, the blogging stopped. Actually, there have been several things/times when I started a post and either changed my mind or had to go do something else. Here where just a few of the highlights I was going to share of what's been going on the past two weeks: 1 - Emily had a great birthday party. It was laid back, low key and a lot of fun. I think all of the kids (and parents) enjoyed themselves. At first, she was a little nervous that it would not feel like a "party." 2 -I had a great birthday as well. It was on a Sunday so it was a little busy because of all our commitments. Ryan, the kids and my dad went in together and got me a recliner. We had one my parents had given us the Christmas before Owen was born but it was broken and BLUE so it didn't make the "new house" cut. Emily and Ryan went to pick it out - they even took a couch pillow to match. They came home with a beige chair (my couch is an olive color). I took it back the next day and exchanged it for a burgundy colored chair. The lady saw me walk in the door and commented that "she thought I would be back." I hated it do it - I really wanted to keep the one they bought - I just couldn't do it. I tried, I really did. However, I was very careful to make sure I got the same chair - just a different color. I have to say that I have not been in it that much but the kids are definitely enjoying it. Ian is convinced we got it for the sole purpose of rocking him! :) Not at night, just for little spells here and there. 3- All of the kids activities are in full swing. Owen had his first football game Saturday before last. He played a great game and is loving it. Emily's Chemistry class and choir has started back. They are both preparing for their 2nd degree black belts in November, so there is a huge amount of training and preparation that goes into that as well as everything else we already have going on. It feels as though every moment of my day is so structured that one idle minute and it is all a wash. I am like the princess in bug's life: "There is a gap in the line - what are we going to do!? There is a GAP in MY line!" My life has become one big "gap" that is spinning at a break-neck pace. I am coming to the conclusion that due to my control-oriented nature (I am saving that for another post later) chaos is God's way of keeping me reigned in and totally dependent on Him.

No comments: