Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily - Part 15


This is Emily's 15th Birthday. We will be having her party later this weekend. We are going to Red Robin this afternoon for a birthday lunch. At this point in our lives, lunch was much easier to arrange. Ryan is going to take a lunch break and meet us there. This picture is of Emily this morning after we had gotten home from the DMV. She was so nervous I thought her head was going to explode. Luckily, the man started joking and asking her questions so she tempered down a bit. I made her drive around the Food Lion parking lot and then I let her drive home. It wasn't too bad. She is very cautious. There was one guy on a moped making me a little nervous but she did good. I think I was more concerned about what bite me in Ryan's car than her driving! :) Ryan took the truck this morning so that she could drive the car. I am not ready for her to drive the van yet. I want her to practice a little before hitting the open road.
On one hand, I cannot believe she is 15; on the other hand, she seems so much older. She is one of the most terrific people I know. She is kind, intelligent, sensitive, cautious, and beautiful on the inside and out. She is a great, loyal, caring friend, sister, and daughter. I have been so blessed in the fact that I was chosen to be her mother. I hope she has learned a fraction from me what I have learned from her.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!

2 comments:

Shaw6pak said...

Happy Birthday to Emily! Congratulations to Emily's mom for surviving the ride home.

Eve,
She really is a great girl. I am glad hat I have had the joy of watching her grow through the years. She is generous and kind and a true model for others. You and Ryan have every right to be proud. ~~~~ Kristi

Eve said...

Yeah, we probably would be a little more proud. However, we have learned at this point, it has very little to do with us! :)
Thanks for seeing her as she is.