Monday, November 7, 2011

Bieber Fever?

Luckily, I don't know much about Justin Bieber. I could identify one of his songs, I know he was a you tube sensation, he dates Selena Gomez, he is from Canada, and he had some hair thing going on. Until last week, that was all I knew and way more than I needed to know about him. However, I have been sucked into Beiber Fever. I cannot stop reading about the 20 year old woman that has accused him of fathering a baby. When that caption came across my internet screen, my thoughts were: 1)no way, he is just a little kid (I prefer to believe 16 year old kids are innocent and not capable of fathering children), 2)where were his parents 3)how could you just claim something like that 4)Bill Clinton. I know, crazy thoughts. At first, I saw he was refusing a DNA test. Why? Why would you not let them swab your mouth and be done with it? I get the whole invasion of privacy, etc. but hello, clearing your name, proving your innocence? I guess that is what sent me to the Bill Clinton thoughts. How could you vehemently say you are innocent, knowing the whole time you are guilty? I am glad to see that he has agreed to the paternity test and then plans to sue her. I was reading today that this sort of thing happens ALOT to celebrities. That is just a crazy, crazy thought to me. It is so easily disproved / proved. I think people have truly gone madd. I am grateful there are celebrities. I love a good tv show, a great movie, etc. but for most of them, I feel very, very sorry for. I could not imagine me, my family, the people I care about being hounded by the media, constantly portrayed in the news, etc. I hope, for his sake, for teens all across America's sake, that he really is as innocent in the matter as he says he is. One thing about it, the truth almost always comes out in the end.

No comments: