Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Busy as usual

Twice now I have sat down to blog only to find myself in a negative mood. I named my blog "A Day at the Office" not "Eve's place to whine, complain, gripe, etc." So, in an effort to be more upbeat, I am only going to list my blessings rather than my grievances. Here have been my accomplishments: pretty much my whole house (except the attic) is clutter free. I have one project and the overpowering craft room left and I am free. I have developed a pretty good system of how (hopefully) we will be able to keep it up. Most rooms have been good for a few weeks and we haven't been doing too bad. However, once school starts its a whole other ball game. Speaking of school, I officially have (or have ordered) all of my materials, curriculum, etc through Christmas. I spent hours last night pouring over a zillion lists and hopefully I got what everybody needed. So, tonight the last thing on my list for today was a new blog entry. When I read people's blogs I get so disappointed when they hadn't written anything for a while; sort of like "I cannot believe they did not have anything to share with me." When the truth of the matter is a day can turn into a week which turns into a month which turns into a year! So, house clean and clutter free, school books ordered, new blog entry - check, check, check - now I can go to bed with a clear conscious and sleep like a baby leaving all of tomorrow for tomorrow. Yeah right, I guess I'm already dreaming! :)

2 comments:

Shaw6pak said...

I am surprised to see that your new post made it by midnight. I am sure I will see the 2:00 am posts before long. Good girl getting those boxes checked. I can certainly understand the delight of your accomplishments. You have had a productive summer--- I thought teachers were suppose to get the summer off. ;)~~~Kristi

Beth said...

GUILTY!(no blog posts in a week. A clutter-free home sounds wonderful... but it will have to wait until....
A) Alex leaves for TX because his clothes/gear/belongings are totally filling the living room, B) Sarah leaves for college, because her dorm stuff is piled high in the girls' room, and each weekend her camp stuff is piled in the kitchen because there isn't any room in the bedroom,
C) Eric leaves for college, because....
D)I get back from MA because I need a vacation!, and
E) I transplant some of those "neat & organized" genes from you, Tammy, and Eileen into my DNA!!!
:-)