Monday, July 21, 2008

Secret project - Day 1





These are all "before" shots - this is day one (Saturday).

I am finally ready to reveal my last and final project before climbing the school-planning mountain. We had always told Emily that if having her own room was so important, that she may move into her own room when she was fifteen. The room she was going to move into was at first my sister's room when she lived with us for a while, then it was the tv/playstation room and then earlier this year we transformed it into our school room. We are not - at the kitchen table homeschoolers - I mean sometimes we do but it works better for our family to have a "school" space. So, recently Emily decided she liked the school room as it was and would like to stay in the room with Alexa but would like new furniture, with separate beds. The girls have always had my childhood bedroom set. It is a full canopy bed and one has the dresser and one has the chest. So, last weekend Ryan and I (and Alexa, Owen & Ian) went to one million furniture stores (according to Owen) and we finally picked out a new bedroom suit for the girls. Two beds, two nightstand tables, one dresser and one chest. Of course then, it needed new coordinating comforters and fresh paint. This is what Emily wanted for her birthday and even though her birthday is not for another month, we (me) decided it would be fun to surprise her while she was gone on a missions trip. About two containers and three trips to Wal-Mart later, I have decided that this may not have been the brightest idea I have ever had. It is hard deciding what her "treasures" are and what to leave out vs store in the attic. It is hard moving all of the old furniture, luckily my dad came and helped me get that all put away (thanks, dad). My mom came up today to go paint shopping with me and to help me get everything put away and painted (thanks, mom) to be ready for the new furniture being delivered on Wednesday. I promise - this is my LAST project before school starts!


No comments: