Thursday, July 24, 2008

Secret project - Day 5


Day 5 was a bust. The furniture was supposed to be here in the window of noon - four. We waited around, took turns taking a shower for fear that they may show up early or call with a little more exact time. About 1:30 someone called to say "they are running a little later than expected." I didn't really know what time they were "expected" so I called back and she said later than 4. So, we waited around a little longer, mom and the kids got in the pool, I worked on a little school, etc. We were really at a stand still until the furniture arrived. Well, at 5 minutes before 4 they came down our road. The driver stopped at our mailbox for the other man to verify the address. We had ordered a lot of furniture so I told them I did not care if they drove in the grass to the front door. Like I said, they pulled in at 3:55 - this is what it looked like at 4:10. I don't know if you can tell it or not but it was a torrential down pour. It was raining so hard and fast I was worried I would have a rooms to go truck in our front yard forever! Finally, the men got the furniture set up and we went back to work.

No comments: