Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Superwoman

Okay, I know it is hard for some of you to believe, but I do really want to be superwoman! I want a spotless house; a wonderfully well-educated, well-groomed, well-fed, thankful family; useful hobbies, beautiful scrapbooks, etc, etc, etc. I can hear what some of you are saying it is either "Yeah, I want those things too" or "You're standards are too high." I know that most of you want those things too. However, I bet you don't get in a foul "don't talk to me because things aren't going my way" mood whenever the "I am" gets overpowered by the "I want to be." Okay, my latest breakdown happened yesterday. I decided a week ago (actually a week and a day) that our house was entirely too cluttered. I do not like clutter; I cannot think, work, process in clutter. Anyway, so I decided to go from room to room decluttering. I gave myself one week. Does anyone see the problem in my dilemma? I SCOURED my bathroom (I mean I cleaned out the drawers, cabinets, everything) I washed everything! Ryan asked were we planning on having supper on the bathroom floor (that was after he realized I used his toothbrush to scrub up a stain - in my defense, I thought it was an old one.) Then, I went on to my closet, then my bedroom (I mean junk drawers, under the bed, EVERYTHING). That was four days, three bags of trash and two and a half yard sale bins later. Next, I moved on to the office. Now the office had never been completely clean since the get-go. So, I decided to rearrange, then I decided it really could use some paint but I couldn't decide what color to paint until I bought curtains and since I couldn't find any pre-made ones, I found fabric I liked "how long could it take to whip up three valances!?" So, last night I began to have a melt down because I still have the TV room, the schoolroom and the craft room(which is the WORST one of all AND the one that has the sewing machine I need to whip up those previously mentioned valances). I still have the kids rooms too but I did theirs on my last tirade so theirs won't be bad. However, last night my meltdown occurred once I realized that it is was going to be July 1st and I had not done ANY school planning. School will start in 7 weeks and I have done nothing! So, I begin to rant and rave that this school year is going to be a complete bust. I might as well throw in the towel and cut my losses now rather than later! I began brewing around 3:00pm yesterday(about the time I discovered Food Lion was out of the majority of the things on my list) and by 10:30 last night Ryan was so tired of my stomping around he began to follow me around with the WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM! attitude. Once I rattled off my list; that I wanted to cook nutritious meals all three meals everyday, that my newly scrubbed bathroom was already in need of another cleaning, that our children were going to have to wander aimlessly through their curriculum this whole school year, I have gone one week without excerising, no one makes decent pre-made curtains, Food Lion was out of the soup I needed for that nutritional meal I cooked no one wanted to eat, etc, etc; He laughed. I mean, a he- couldn't- keep -it -in- any-longer belly laugh. HOW RUDE! Eventually, I had to laugh too, I mean after all, I do have SEVEN weeks! :)

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh no! It was that pair of shoes that didn't even belong to any of your kids that put you over the top, wasn't it?!!!!!!
;-)
Are you better now?
If you want to feel better, ask any of my kids if Mom has ever totally lost it for ... no reason? Or ask them about the eye twitch.

Enjoying Life Together said...

Okay, now, don't blow my "she's got it all together" image of you! I won't have anything to work towards!! :) ~S

Shaw6pak said...

I knew it, I knew it! We ARE cut from the same mold. I feel ya girl, I really do. Except that part about sewing, not so much.

I love you anyway - especially your flaws.~~Kristi